Up and coming events
Autumn Term - Opening times
Please remember that all children are expected to be in school by 8:50am and picked up promptly at 3:20pm.
Children in Need
Thank you for supporting the Children in Need Charity event - the children had a lovely day and we managed to raise £160.
Please be considerate of the neighbours and the children when driving near school. We have been meeting with the Council's Road Safety team - if anyone has any suggestions as to how we can improve rad safety around school, please get in touch with Mrs Brown or Mr McBurnie.
Nursery Nativity - Wednesday 13th December 2023 - 11am
Reception Nativity - Wednesday 13th December 2023 - 2pm
Y1, Y2, Y3 and Y4 Concert - Tuesday 19th December 2023 - 2:15pm (the Y5 music group will also be performing).
EYFS craft morning
Invites have been sent out for the event on Wednesday 20th December 2023.
All the Christmas parties will be on Thursday 21st December 2023. The children can wear party clothes or Christmas jumpers. Please remember that the children will be playing outside so will need suitable footwear.
School will provide food.
Parents are invited to join us for a Christmas assembly on Friday 22nd December 2023 at 9:05am.
BIRD Course - Starting in January
|Lets Talk Together course - Jan - Feb 24.pdf||Download|
Admission arrangements for reception - September 2024
|A3 Admissions posters 2023-24 Rec.pdf||Download|
Here are the open days for Oldham Secondary Schools - if you need any further information, please contact the relevant school directly.
Support for families
Please see the attached information about help and support for families - please don't hesitate to contact school if you need additional support.
School Calendar 2023/2024
Please see the calendar for the academic year 2023/4. Please note that Mather Street's school holidays may be slightly different to other local schools.
School Calendar 2024/25
|MY Schools Together school-calendar-2024-2025.pdf||Download|
Here are some of the arrangements we have in place to help to keep everyone safe.
- Parking space around school is very limited. Please avoid parking on the pavement at the entrance to school. For the safety of all the children, please be patient and show consideration to the neighbours and other drivers.
- Dogs are not allowed on the school premises.
- Children need to come to school, smartly dressed, in full school uniform.
Attendance and Punctuality
- The current guidance is very clear that all children should attend school every day. Oldham Council will issue fixed penalty notices where attendance at school is not good enough. Please ensure that your child arrives at school on time and is collected promptly at 3:20pm.
- If your child or a member of your household is displaying coronavirus symptoms, please follow government guidance and keep school informed.
Morning – children can enter school from 8:45am and need to be in class by 8:50am.
Morning Drop-off – parents will not be allowed on site
- Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 – drop children off at the office gate.
- Children will walk to the junior playground and enter school as directed by staff.
- Year 1 and Year 2 – drop children off at the pylon car park gate.
- Children will walk to the infant playground and enter school as directed by staff.
- Reception and Nursery – drop children off at the pavement gate.
Collection (Nursery 12 noon; Reception 3:20pm)
- Nursery and reception – collect from the pavement gate
Gates will be open from 3:05pm
- Year 1 and Year 2 – wait for your children on the infant playground. Staff will bring the children to you.
- Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 – wait for your children on the junior playground. Staff will bring the children to you.
Families where the children are in different key stages. - School staff will direct Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 children to the infant playground to meet their parents. (If there is a sibling in reception, collect the older children first.)
- Please contact school by telephone, text or e mail where possible.
- If you need to speak to someone in the office, please be prepared to queue.
- If you need to contact your child’s teacher, please wait until all the children have left the playground at the end of the day to speak to the teacher or get in touch by e mail or telephone and they will get back in touch with you.
Thank you for your continued support,
You can still contact class teachers via the class gmail accounts
Miss Adshead - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Rothwell - email@example.com
Mrs Kantharia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Prior - email@example.com
Mrs McCreary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Turner - email@example.com
Please remind your children to stay safe online. There are lots of activities on our E-Safety page to help you.
50 Things to Do ...
Follow the link to find a menu of exciting activities for families in Oldham with young children.
There are lots of suggestions for how to have fun and learn at the same time.
We have seen the Facebook post from Infinity Initiatives C.I.C. and the messages of support from a number of kind people that have offered to help one of our children.
We have a stock of good quality 'new-to-you' uniform items and our families are really good at donating items that their children have outgrown - we try our best to help our children so they have access to appropriate uniform.
Our office staff are very helpful and will make sure any donations get to the child mentioned in the post.
Thank you for your kindness and the support you have offered.
Sally Brown, Head of School, Mather Street Primary School.