Updated Calendar for the Academic Year 2021/22
We have updated the school calendar for this academic year due to the additional Bank Holiday to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. This means that school will be closed for an extra day after the summer half term. Therefore, school will reopen to pupils on Thursday 9th June 2022 instead of the Wednesday.
School Calendar 2021-2022 Updated
|Mather Street School Year 2021-22 for parents.docx||Download|
FAO Parents of Current Nursery and Year 6 children
Applications for Year 7 and Reception places for September 2022 are now open - please use the links below or refer to the letters from Oldham Council
In line with the government guidance, we are looking forward to welcoming all children back to school on Monday 6th September; we would like to thank you so much for your patience and support during the past few months.
We will still need to follow guidance in terms of the day to day running of the school and in an effort to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus.
We will continue with the same precautions we had in place before the summer holidays:
- Ensure everyone has washed their hands as they leave home.
- Everyone should wash their hands when they arrive back at home at the end of the day.
- Observe social-distancing around school. Whilst waiting on the playground at the end of the day, please spread out and try and avoid waiting in groups.
- Parking space around school is very limited. Please avoid parking on the pavement at the entrance to school. For the safety of all the children, please be patient and show consideration to the neighbours and other drivers.
- Dogs are not allowed on the school premises.
- Children need to come to school, smartly dressed, in full school uniform. They may bring an extra jumper or sweatshirt to wear over their uniform if it is too cold in school.
Attendance and Punctuality
- The current guidance is very clear that all children should attend school every day. Oldham Council will issue fixed penalty notices where attendance at school is not good enough. Please ensure that your child arrives at school on time and is collected promptly at 3:15pm.
- If your child or a member of your household is displaying coronavirus symptoms, please follow government guidance and keep school informed.
- Where children have to isolate, school will provide work via the website/Zoom or in the form of work packs.
Morning – gates will be open from 8:45am – 9:00am
Morning Drop-off – parents will not be allowed on site
- Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 – drop children off at the office gate.
- Children will walk to the junior playground and enter school as directed by staff.
- Year 1 and Year 2 – drop children off at the pylon car park gate.
- Children will walk to the infant playground and enter school as directed by staff.
- Reception and Nursery – drop children off at the pavement gate.
Collection (Nursery 12 noon; Reception 3:15pm)
- Nursery and reception – collect from the pavement gate (observe social distancing whilst waiting)
Gates will be open from 3:05pm
- Year 1 and Year 2 – wait for your children on the infant playground (observe social distancing whilst waiting). Staff will bring the children to you.
- Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 – wait for your children on the junior playground (observe social distancing whilst waiting). Staff will bring the children to you.
Families where the children are in different key stages. - School staff will direct Year3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 children to the infant playground to meet their parents. (If there is a sibling in reception, collect the older children first.)
- Please contact school by telephone, text or e mail where possible.
- If you need to speak to someone in the office, please be prepared to queue whilst observing social distancing guidance.
- If you need to contact your child’s teacher, please wait until all the children have left the playground at the end of the day to speak to the teacher or get in touch by e mail or telephone and they will get back in touch with you.
Thank you for your continued support,
You can still contact class teachers via the class gmail accounts
Miss Rothwell - email@example.com
Miss Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Bibi - email@example.com
Mrs Whalley/ Mrs Booth - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Turner - email@example.com
Mrs Wrigley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remind your children to stay safe online. There are lots of activities on our E-Safety page to help you.
50 Things to Do ...
Follow the link to find a menu of exciting activities for families in Oldham with young children.
There are lots of suggestions for how to have fun and learn at the same time.
We have seen the Facebook post from Infinity Initiatives C.I.C. and the messages of support from a number of kind people that have offered to help one of our children.
We have a stock of good quality 'new-to-you' uniform items and our families are really good at donating items that their children have outgrown - we try our best to help our children so they have access to appropriate uniform.
Our office staff are very helpful and will make sure any donations get to the child mentioned in the post.
Thank you for your kindness and the support you have offered.
Sally Brown, Head of School, Mather Street Primary School.